The Faculty of Pharmacy became part of Masaryk University
The Faculty of Pharmacy was restored at Masaryk University on 1st July 2020.The Faculty of Pharmacy was previously part of Masaryk University between 1952 and 1960, before it was closed down in 1960 and merged with the existing Faculty of Pharmacy in Bratislava. The faculty was re-established in 1991 as part of the Veterinary University, now called the University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno. From there the Faculty of Pharmacy was trasferred back to Masaryk University after 60 years.
Study and research at the faculty
The Faculty of Pharmacy offers study in two Master's programs and eight Doctoral programs which were accredited under Masaryk university. Research and development is carried out at six departments which work in close cooperation with the Faculties of Medicine and Natural Sciences MU.
The faculty is located at the Veterinary University campus on Palackého třída. Specialized units of the Faculty of Pharmacy are also Lifelong Learning Institute and Dr. Protiva's Central Library.